Contrary to most women are taught, ovulation isn’t only important when it comes to getting pregnant. In fact, your menstrual cycle is an indication of a wide range of general health issues and certified Fertility Awareness Educator and Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner, Lisa Hendrickson-Jack, is here to explain why!
Lisa Hendrickson-Jack is a certified Fertility Awareness Educator and Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner who teaches women how to chart their menstrual cycles for natural birth control, conception, and monitoring overall health. In her new book, The Fifth Vital Sign, Lisa debunks the myth that regular ovulation is only important when you want children by recognizing the menstrual cycle as a vital sign.
In this episode, we discuss common misconceptions about the fertility awareness method, the role that the menstrual cycle plays as a vital sign, key menstrual cycle signs that signal something is awry, the importance of regular ovulation, and so much more!
- How Lisa’s passion for feminism led to her early discovery of fertility awareness
- Common misconceptions about the fertility awareness method
- How the fertility awareness method differs from the rhythm method
- The role the menstrual cycle plays as a vital sign
- What you can learn about your health from your menstrual cycle
- Key menstrual cycle signs that signal that something is awry with your health
- The parameters for a healthy menstrual cycle
- The importance of regular ovulation to a healthy cycle
- Why losing your period is a major warning sign that you shouldn’t ignore
- How hormonal contraceptives can negatively impact women’s bodies