Holistic nutritionist and integrated health expert, Ali Shapiro, beat the odds by getting naturally pregnant at the age of 40 as a cancer survivor! Take a listen to this week’s episode to find out how she did it and the role that understanding stress played in the process.
Ali Shapiro is the creator of Truce with Food, host of the top-ranked podcast Insatiable, a holistic nutritionist, integrated health expert, and rebel with a serious cause. She created her Truce with Food method while in graduate school where she drew from her decade-plus of working with real-life clients and her healing journey from having cancer as a teenager.
In this episode, we talk about Ali’s unusual journey to getting pregnant at 40, the surprising IVF statistic when you’re in your 40s, the role naturopathy played in improving Ali’s fertility, the three stress patterns that may be impacting your period and fertility, and so much more!
- How having cancer as a teenager affected Ali’s fertility
- The early menopause symptoms Ali experienced in her late 30s
- The devastating results of Ali’s fertility testing at 39
- Why you have a better chance of getting pregnant naturally than with IVF at a certain age
- How surviving cancer informed Ali’s perspective on getting pregnant
- How seeing an acupuncturist and a naturopath improved Ali’s thyroid function
- Why it’s helpful to remember that there’s not just one way to improve your health
- Looking at stress as a symptom, rather than an issue itself
- How the avoid, compete, and accommodator stress patterns can show up in your life
- Why these stress patterns often prevent us from achieving our goals
- How you can transform your stress patterns into Optimal Conflict
Ali Shapiro’s Podcast | Insatiable
Ali Shapiro’s Comfort Eating Style Quiz