A lot of women are worried about gaining weight on hormonal birth control but not’s where the issues stop when it comes to how it impacts our bodies and our weight. Nutrition coach, Laurie King, is here to talk about this topic and more!
Laurie King is a nutrition coach, educational blogger, and total badass about hormonal birth control and your body weight. Laurie graduated from Illinois State University with a bachelor’s degree in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics. Her nutrition coaching specialties include women’s health, hormones, hormonal birth control, and hypothyroidism.
In this episode, we talk about the common side effects of hormonal birth control, the role of the thyroid in hormone production, how hormonal birth control can affect your weight, the relationship between nutrition and lifestyle and hormone health, the benefits of strength training, and so much more!
- Common side effects of hormonal birth control
- Why Laurie refers to hormonal birth control as “doctor prescribed hormonal imbalance”
- Symptoms of estrogen excess
- The relationship between hormonal birth control and your weight
- The impact of the lack of research on side effects of hormonal birth control
- How hormonal birth control affects thyroid function
- The relationship between nutrition and lifestyle and hormone health
- The potential effect of hormonal birth control on glucose levels and insulin response
- When to see a doctor about your glucose levels
- The surprising long-term effect of hormonal birth control on your testosterone levels
- How to love your body without losing weight
- The benefits of strength training for women