It’s fairly common knowledge by now that stress can impact our bodies and hormone levels, But, did you know that not getting enough sleep can negatively your hormone levels as well after just one night? Registered Nutritional Therapist, Angelique Panagos, talks about this and more in this week’s episode!
Angelique Panagos is a Registered Nutritional Therapist, author, presenter, speaker, and total foodie. She runs a busy private practice, specializing in hormonal health, stress management, weight management, and digestive wellness. Angelique is on a mission to educate women about hormones and help them solve hormonal imbalance.
In this episode, we talk about the impact of diet and lifestyle on your hormonal balance, how having children later in life impacts your hormones, why you should be thinking about fertility in your twenties, the impact of stress on belly fat, Angelique’s secret weapons for good hormonal health, and so much more!
- Why Angelique decided to become a nutritional therapist
- How past experiences impact your current health
- Angelique’s love-hate relationship with her period
- “Genes load your gun, but your environment pulls the trigger”
- Angelique’s journey from hormonal havoc to a healthy pregnancy
- The hormonal impact of having children later in life
- Common symptoms of peri-menopausal hormonal flux
- The importance of self-care and lifestyle in maintaining your hormonal balance
- Why you should be thinking about fertility in your twenties
- The impact of stress on hormonal balance
- How to manage the process of going straight from post-partum to peri-menopause
- The importance of paying attention to your symptoms
- The unrealistic standards for women bodies after pregnancy
- The impact of social media and “compare-itis” on hormonal health
- The relationship between stress, lack of sleep, and belly fat
- Why you should aim for consistency, not perfection
- Is all sugar bad?
- Angelique’s secret weapons for improving hormonal health
- Why you should listen to your body