Have you put much thought into how your beauty and hygiene products may be impacting your overall health? Maybe you have but don’t know where to start.
Certain ingredients in the products we use everyday could be causing permanent damage our bodies. Take a listen to this episode of The Period Party to find out more!
Rachael Pontillo is an AADP and IAHC Board Certified International Health Coach, licensed Aesthetician, natural skincare formulator, and educator about whether your beauty routine is messing with your period? She is also the bestselling author of the book Love Your Skin, Love Yourself, and the co-author of The Sauce Code.
In this episode, we talk about common causes of hormone imbalances and skin breakouts, why we should avoid synthetic fragrances, why using beauty products that create a foam is like power washing your face, how antibiotics can impact our skin’s microbiome on a permanent basis, and so much more!
- What is an Aesthetician?
- Common causes of hormone imbalances and skin breakouts
- What are toxicants, how do they impact the body, and what everyday products contain them?
- How your toilet paper may be causing hormonal and fertility issues
- Why we should avoid synthetic fragrances
- Why we can’t count on government agencies to make sure our beauty products are safe
- How our gut microbiome relates to how many toxicants are getting into our body through our skin
- Why using beauty products that create a foam is like power washing your face
- How antibiotics can impact our skin’s microbiome on a permanent basis
- Why coconut oil isn’t a one-size-fits-all product
- The types of product Rachael recommends for both oily and dry skin