Gut issues don’t always cause digestive issues only. In fact, your gut health could be impacted several areas of your body and overall health. Leading gut health expert, Summer Bock, is to explain why and what you can do to improve your gut health.
Summer Bock is a leading gut health expert, holistic health coach, herbalist, and fermentationist who coined the term “gut rebuilding.” She integrates her traditional studies in herbalism with modern research and a background in microbiology. After resolving her own slew of health concerns naturally by focusing on the gut bio-terrain, she started teaching others how to do the same.
In this episode, we talk about how Summer’s own health issues led to her specializing in gut health, the connection between gut dysbiosis and PMS symptoms, the role of fermented foods in your gut health, and so much more!
- How Summer’s chronic health issues led to her specialization in gut health
- The misconception that gut-based issues always cause digestive symptoms
- The importance of finding a sustainable solution to your health concerns
- The most common gut-related health conditions
- How prioritizing her gut health helped to resolve Summer’s period problems
- The connection between gut dysbiosis and PMS symptoms
- Why is your gut microbiome, especially the estrobolome, so important?
- The role of fermented foods in improving your gut health
- Is kombucha actually good for your gut?
- How Summer’s IUD experience helped her recognize the struggle women experience in advocating for themselves in the medical world
- How to listen to your gut and know what foods are working for you