When it comes to conceiving via the use of a donor egg, most women have questions. Is it still my child? Will I be able to pass on my genes to the child? Dr. Miranda Myles is back on the show to answer these questions and more!
Dr. Miranda Myles, the Contemporary Conceptionist, inspires new approaches to fertility and conception. She is a passionate Naturopath and Acupuncturist, fertility expert, author, lecturer, and Australia’s leading natural health expert in donor support. Dr. Myles believes every woman deserves the opportunity to be a Mama and every man a Dad.
In this episode, we talk about the importance of high-quality sperm for a successful pregnancy outcome, whether a child conceived with a donor egg is still the child of the carrying mother, the risks associated with egg donation, and so much more!
- Myles’ unsuccessful experience with IVF and her decision to use a donor egg
- The financial side of assisted conception
- The importance of high-quality sperm in a successful pregnancy outcome
- The connection between DNA fragmentation in sperm and early miscarriage
- Why a child conceived with a donor egg is still the child of the carrying mother
- How epigenetics influences a child’s genetic activity during pregnancy and after birth
- Risks associated with egg donation
- How The Donor Project helps intending parents
- Myles’ 12-week program to help intending males improve their sperm quality