Truth bomb – my pelvic floor is SHOT. So when we had the opportunity to speak with our Period Party guest today, I literally wee’d myself (because like I said, yeah, it’s shot!) I learnt, that when it comes to your pelvic floor, it can play a factor in either the pain you experience in your daily life or the pleasure you experience in your sex life! FAR OUT! Yet, most women don’t take their pelvic floor into consideration when exercising or doing other physical activities. Dr. Brianne Grogran wants to help change that. Take a listen to today’s episode to learn more!
Dr. Brianne Grogan is a Doctor of Physical Therapy, certified Women’s Health and Nutrition Coach, and the creator of FemFusion Fitness where she teaches core and pelvic floor friendly fitness. She is also the author of Lady Bits: Understand Your Body, Elevate Your Health, and Reclaim Your Spark Naturally.
In this episode, we talk about why women need to consider their core and pelvic floor when exercising, whether or not Kegels are the miracle people claim they are, how a weak pelvic floor can impact your sex life, and more!
- Why should women care whether their fitness activities are core and pelvic floor friendly?
- The staggering statistic about how many women who’ve had children experience pelvic organ prolapse
- The simple steps you can take to help prevent the progression of pelvic organ prolapse
- Is it possible to experience pelvic floor prolapse if you’ve never had children?
- To Kegel or not to Kegel?
- The connection between our pelvic floor and incontinence
- How a weak pelvic floor can impact your sex life