If you tell your doctor you have adrenal fatigue, they’ll probably roll their eyes. So, is this adrenal fatigue yet another thing we need to educate our doctors about or is it possible there’s something else going on? Master nutrition therapists, Diana Walley and Kristen Burkett, are here to set things straight.
This episode is brought to you by LetsGetChecked, the leading provider of at-home health tests. If you are curious about your hormones but don’t have the time to visit a doctor’s office then you can order your female hormone test kit directly from www.letsgetchecked.com. Let’s Get Checked is inviting Period Party listeners to join their community with 15% off all test kits using code hormones15.
Diana Walley and Kristen Burkett are master nutrition therapists and board certified in holistic nutrition. As nutrition therapists, Diana and Kristen are passionate about empowering women to break out of traditional healthcare boundaries, take charge of their health, and live their most vibrant lives through holistic healthcare.
In this episode, we talk about what adrenal fatigue means, the most common symptoms of hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal (HPA) axis dysfunction, the benefits of cortisol and its role in our bodies, how modern life affects our hormonal balance, and so much more!
- Adrenal fatigue vs HPA axis dysfunction
- The most common symptoms of HPA axis dysfunction
- What causes the seemingly disconnected symptoms of HPA axis dysfunction?
- The benefits of cortisol and its role in our bodies
- The role of evolution in our bodies’ stress response and hormone regulation
- How our modern lives and stressors impact our hormonal balance
- The relationship between visceral fat and cortisol
- Why salivary cortisol testing alone should not be used for diagnosis of adrenal fatigue
- The connection between adrenal fatigue and sex hormones
- The S.H.I.N.E. protocol for managing cortisol and HPA axis dysfunction
- How over-exercising negatively impacts your body