Dr. Shawn Tassone is back on the show to discuss the topic of our new book, Contraception Deception: Open and Honest Discussion about Birth Control Between Your Holistic Gynecologist & Eastern Medicine Doctor. Take a listen to learn more!
Dr. Shawn Tassone is a board-certified OBGYN who also holds a Ph.D. in mind-body medicine. As an integrative health practitioner with over 20 years of practice, Dr. Tassone is a highly regarded patient advocate who believes that you should have an active role in your care. His work includes studies and publications on spirituality in medical care, whole foods to heal the human body, and integrative medicine.
In this episode, we talk about the importance of being informed before choosing birth control, the rarely discussed risks associated with common forms of contraception, the high risks associated with Essure and its removal, Dr. Tassone’s top tips for supporting your health, and so much more!
- Why Dr. Tassone, an OBGYN, and Natalie, a TCM practitioner, decided to co-author Contraception Deception
- How allopathic and holistic practitioners can learn from each other
- Why it’s so important for women to be able to make informed decisions about birth control
- The rarely discussed impact of negative side effects from birth control
- How Contraception Deception helps women understand and identify symptoms of negative reactions to birth control
- What is Essure?
- Why is Essure surrounded by so much controversy at the moment?
- The high risks associated with Essure removal
- Tassone’s safer method for Essure removal
- Tassone’s recommendation on finding a doctor for Essure removal
- Balancing the potential risks and benefits of medical devices
- Why women who’ve had issues with their Essure should report them to the FDA
- Tassone’s top tips for supporting your health