For decades, women have been utilizing traditional hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to correct a hormonal imbalance without realizing it could cause even worse side effects than the imbalance it helps correct. Take a listen as Candace Burch takes a deep dive into this topic!
Candace Burch is the founder of Your Hormone Balance and a founding member of Women in Balance, one of the first nonprofits in the country to advocate for women’s hormone health. Her goal is to help people naturally rebalance their hormones to relieve symptoms and restore balance in their lives. Candace has spent the last 30 years as a health educator, journalist, and women’s health advocate raising public awareness about natural hormone health, including lobbying senators on Capitol Hill for safe access to bio-identical alternatives to hormone replacement therapy.
In this episode, we talk about the shocking statistics around negative side effects from traditional hormone replacement therapy (HRT), the changes that are being made in the US approach to HRT, the crucial role of compounding pharmacists in the development of safe bio-identical hormone compounds, what you can do if you think you’re suffering from hormone imbalance, and so much more!
- Why Candace became interested in women’s hormone health advocacy
- The shocking results of the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) study of women users of hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- How studies of long-term users of bio-identical natural hormone replacement in Europe triggered a big sea change in the approach to HRT in the US
- Why drug companies don’t pursue the development of natural products
- The critical role played by compounding pharmacists
- Why activism and lobbying are key components in creating positive change for women’s hormone health issues
- The negative impact of the medical industry’s approach to women’s hormonal health
- Why Candace encourages women to reach out to legislators about the need for safe access to bio-identical hormones
- The importance of safe access to bio-identical hormones for women’s long-term health
- What are bio-identical hormones and how are they used?
- What do compounders do?
- What women should do if they think they are suffering from hormone imbalance
Candace Burch’s Website Use code “periodparty50” for $50 off any hormone test package