Is your stress and anxiety actually caused by a hormonal imbalance? Certified nutritionist, Trudy Scott, explains why that’s entirely possible and what you can do to correct the imbalance and reduce your anxiety and stress. Take a listen!
This episode is brought to you by LetsGetChecked, the leading provider of at-home health tests. If you are curious about your hormones but don’t have the time to visit a doctor’s office then you can order your female hormone test kit directly from www.letsgetchecked.com. Let’s Get Checked is inviting Period Party listeners to join their community with 15% off all test kits using code hormones15.
Trudy Scott is a certified nutritionist on a mission to educate and empower anxious women, so they can find nutritional solutions to their anxiety and stress. Trudy is also the author of The Anti-Anxiety Food Solution and is known for her expertise in the use of targeted individual amino acids, the social anxiety condition Pyroluria, and the harmful effects of benzodiazepines. Trudy is passionate about sharing these powerful nutritional tools because she experienced the results firsthand, completely resolving her anxiety and panic attacks.
In this episode, we talk about Trudy’s experience with years of hormonal imbalance and anxiety, the benefits of using targeted individual amino acids to treat low GABA and serotonin, the potential impact of benzodiazepines on your brain chemistry, the risks associated with long-term use of antidepressants, and so much more!
- Trudy’s own experience with several years of hormonal imbalance and anxiety
- How Trudy was able to completely resolve her anxiety using a nutritional approach
- What are amino acids and what role do they play in our bodies?
- What is the impact of low gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)?
- The most common symptoms of low GABA and low serotonin
- Using targeted individual amino acids to treat low GABA and low serotonin
- The most frequently prescribed brands of benzodiazepines and the risks associated with their use
- The dangers of long-term use of antidepressants
- What is Pyroluria and how is it related to hormonal imbalance?
- The effects of birth control on hormonal balance, amino acids and neurotransmitters