The gut. The hottest topic in healthcare since penicillin – the epicentre of our health. I say to patients everyday, if you’re not making inroads towards better gut health, you must. If it’s the ONE thing you do, please start here. There’s no skimping on gut health. I’ve been busting for us to publish this episode because it’s a ripper and because our guest, Kirsty Wirth knows. Kirsty is the founder of Kultured Wellness, a company who’s mission is to inspire and educate people to take control of their health by eating real and fermented foods that nourishes the brain and the gut. She’s the brainchild behind Cultured Wellness Culture Starters and function supplements and she’s here to feed your minds right here!
In this episode we dig deep into many areas of your hormone health. We nut out;
- Does the gut microbiome have an impact on our hormones and neurotransmitters?
- What exactly is Candida? We need a little of it, but not too much for the sake of our hormones!
- How excess estrogen promotes candida overgrowth
- The COMT gene’s effect on our ability to detox estrogen
- Steps forward to managing this delicate balance in our gut – it all starts with breaking down the biofilm.
Kirsty Wirth has been called the Gut Guru, an Intuitive Healer and her research and work in the area of gut health has been life changing for many of her clients. Her experience in education and research of over 15 years continues to drive her purpose of empowering the community to gain knowledge and understanding so they can be well and thrive. She is a HUGE nature lover, a mother, a fervent advocate for children on the spectrum, you just can’t help but be touched by her spirit and infectious enthusiasm!