Are you curious about the keto diet, but still have a few questions? Have you heard that it’s not sustainable for a long period of time? Bestselling author and host of The Keto Diet Podcast, Leanne Vogel, is on the show to help set the story straight about the keto diet.
This episode is brought to you by LetsGetChecked, the leading provider of at-home health tests. If you are curious about your hormones but don’t have the time to visit a doctor’s office then you can order your female hormone test kit directly from www.letsgetchecked.com. Let’s Get Checked is inviting Period Party listeners to join their community with 15% off all test kits using code hormones15.
Leanne Vogel is the founder of Healthful Pursuit, bestselling author of over 11 health programs, host of The Keto Diet Podcast, author of the internationally bestselling paperback, The Keto Diet, and the creator of Fat Fueled, a holistic paleo-friendly approach to a ketogenic, high-fat diet.
In this episode, we talk about what made Leanne switch from being a strict vegan to a ketogenic (keto) diet, what it’s like in the first 30 days of adjusting to a keto diet, how keto and carb cycling impact women’s hormonal health, how to make a long-term keto diet work for you, and so much more!
- How 7 years of amenorrhea led to Leanne’s discovery of ketogenic (keto) diets
- Why Leanne switched from her long-term strict vegan diet the day after reading a book about keto
- The ups and downs of the first 30 days of adjusting to a keto diet
- Why trusting your body is more important than strictly following a diet protocol
- How to make a long-term keto diet work for you
- All about carb cycling and its benefits for women
- How do you incorporate carb cycling and carb-ups into a keto diet?
- Leanne’s experience with having her period return after 8 ½ years
- Common factors that cause women to lose their periods
- How keto is different from other popular diets
- An example of a typical day’s meals on a keto diet