Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a term that is becoming more and more familiar to women. However, as the awareness continues to grow, so do the misconceptions and misdiagnoses. The PCOS Diva, Amy Medling, is here to talk about these topics and more.
Amy Medling is the best-selling author of Healing PCOS and a certified health coach who specializes in working with women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). Amy is the founder of PCOS Diva and she’s developed a proven protocol of supplements, diet, and lifestyle programs that offer women tools to help gain control of their PCOS and regain their fertility, femininity, health, and happiness.
In this episode, we talk about how many women are affected by PCOS, the drawbacks associated with the mainstream medical community’s diagnostic criteria, how shifting your mindset can jump-start the healing process, the relationship between PCOS and other chronic long-term conditions, and so much more!
- What is PCOS?
- How many women are being affected by PCOS?
- Awareness and treatment of PCOS in the medical community
- How prevalent is misdiagnosis and late diagnosis of PCOS?
- The correlation between PCOS and other long-term chronic health conditions and diseases
- What are the standard diagnostic criteria for PCOS?
- The limitations of the Rotterdam criteria for diagnosing PCOS
- The deeper meaning behind the language women often use to describe their experiences with PCOS
- Amy’s thoughts on why “fighting language” isn’t helpful in describing your PCOS experience
- How Amy shifted her mindset and ultimately improved her journey with PCOS
- What are the most common symptoms of PCOS?
- The relationship between your gut, PCOS and mood disorders
- Are there any common symptoms across all women who have PCOS?
- Amy’s top mindset tips to start healing and improve your PCOS journey
- Amy’s advice on the best way to start healing your PCOS