It turns out, I’ve been doing all the wrong things when it comes to brushing and cleaning my teeth. DANG IT! Dr. Alvin Danenberg joins us today to explain why most of us are brushing our teeth incorrectly, how our gut health plays a role in our dental health, and why antimicrobial mouthwash and traditional toothpaste may be a disaster. Dr. Al cracked us up and blew us away to the point where this conversation lasted twice as long as our normal interviews so, we’ve actually split it into two episodes. Take a listen to part one!
Dr. Alvin Danenberg is a Periodontist who is revolutionizing the treatment of gum disease with the use of ancestral nutrition and a laser-based protocol known as LANAP. He is also the author of Crazy Good Living!.
In part one of our conversation, we learn how Dr. Al got into ancestral nutrition, how poor gut can cause chronic bleeding of the gums and several other issues in the mouth, why you should not use an antimicrobial mouthwash every day, the proper technique for brushing your teeth, and more!
Be sure to tune in next week for the second of this hilarious and informative interview!
- The story of how Dr. Al became focused on using ancestral nutrition to support dental health
- Dr. Al’s four pillars of health
- How poor gut health caused Dr. Al’s patient to experience chronic bleeding gums
- Dr. Al’s big bang theory of the gut
- Why you should not be using an antimicrobial mouthwash every day
- The proper technique for brushing your teeth (Hint: it actually doesn’t involve toothpaste!)