Last week, I got to film with very clever Dr Sherrill Sellman. You’ve met Sherrill several times – we recently did a handful of podcasts together about breast cancer and hormones – and now she is back to share her message around weight gain – why we are getting fatter and fatter, why unless you break it right down, some people will never lose weight and why some people find it so darn hard. Music to so many women’s ears!
Sherrill is currently touring Australia – check out her tour dates here.
So sit back and enjoy this chat with her – she is one very clever and empowering woman with many many ‘ahh haa’ insights.
For those of you wondering what it’s all about and want to watch it at a later time – in a nutshell this is what you’ll hear in the video clip:
- her personal account – how she found herself overweight and very unwell due to her lifestyle even though she was eating all the right things, exercising & meditating.
- how she discovered a whole new paradigm
- how the current approach is outdated and doomed because…
- stress makes us fat – and helps us to store fat better than ever before (as our bodies are adapting to it)
- fat stores become a ‘biological active organ’ which release their own hormones and chemicals that do things like reduce our immune system and directly affect our appetite.
- why hormones play THE role in weight loss/weight gain
- how the hypothalamus must be ‘reset’ for weight loss to be achieved – because it is the fat controller!
- how Sherrill safely lost weight as rapidly as 1/2kg per day!