Have you heard of Post-Birth Control Syndrome (PBCS)? Well, if you’re currently on, or have been on, hormonal birth control it’s something you should be aware of. Take a listen to Dr. Jolene Brighten as she explains PBCS and how it impacts hormonal birth control users.
Dr. Jolene Brighten is a functional naturopathic medical doctor and nutritional biochemist with a focus on women’s endocrine health. She is recognized as a leading expert in Post-Birth Control Syndrome (PBCS) and the long-term side effects associated with hormonal contraceptives. Dr. Brighten is the author of Beyond the Pill, a 30-day plan to support women on birth control, help them transition off, and eliminate the symptoms of PBCS.
In this episode, we talk about the significant side effects of hormonal birth control, the relationship between gut health and hormonal birth control, the causes of PBCS, difficulties associated with coming off of hormonal birth control, and so much more!
- The number of women who are using hormonal birth control worldwide
- Significant side effects of hormonal birth control, specifically from the pill
- The impact of hormonal birth control on the vaginal microbiome
- The relationship between gut health and hormonal birth control
- Does hormonal birth control cause weight gain?
- How women seeking hormonal birth control are often underinformed by medical professionals
- Why coming off of hormonal birth control isn’t always an instant fix
- What is PBCS and when does it occur?
- The importance of understanding the root causes of your symptoms and being able to advocate for yourself
- The difficulties associated with coming off of hormonal birth control
- Why women given the pill as a treatment for medical issues need to be more informed about additional treatment options
- How to manage hormonal acne without the pill