Are you visual? I hope so – the thought of standing on your head is kinda hilares right? I may be taking it a little overboard – but hey, it got your attention!
When is the last time you got your legs above your heart? Probably not for a while unless you’re a frequent yogi or a gymnast. But as silly as I’m trying to make it, getting yourself propped up agains the wall with your legs high into the clouds can be the very thing your body needs to get your hormones happy. And no I’m not talking about propping up your legs after doing the deed for better chance at conception, I’m talking about getting the blood pumping around your body for everybody. Because fertility isn’t just about babies remember.
You see, there are many benefits in doing so and most of all, I love the impact it has on your reproductive organs. Here’s how you do it;
Simply tuck your butt into the corner of a wall or perhaps on your bed where the bed and wall meet.
Raise your legs up the wall (it’s easier starting against a wall, you might graduate to the school of leg raising in weeks to come though)
Breathe from your stomach. This is called diaphragmatic breathing (watch your stomach rise and fall as you do so)
Stay put, meditation, listen to music or just chill out for 10 minutes and reap the rewards!
Here’s why I love this practice;
1. Raising your legs of course helps to promote blood flow back to the organs especially the heart – this is particularly good news for your reproductive organs too as they love a rich blood supply, as do your muscles!
2. It helps to fire up the endocrine system – thus helping to balance hormones!
3. It helps to tone your legs
4. Reduces edema and for pregnant women is a god send!
5. Because it helps to promote circulation, it also helps us move cortisol through the body (the stress hormone). As you’ve learnt before, cortisol is bad news for hormone balance – it’s one bossy hormone which competes with progesterone, leaving your progesterone levels low and your oestrogen levels high (hello ovulation pain).
6. It makes you stop and chill out. You can’t fold the washing whilst lying there unless you really are an acrobat!
Remember it’s all about the blood flow and stimulating your nervous system! Blood is your vital carrier of nutrients around your body. Your nervious system is like the master controller. Both help to nourish every part of us. By encouraging and supporting healthy blood flow and good messages around the body we can maximise it’s benefits – including it’s ability to nourish, repair and support our fertility. So next time you’re left with 10 minutes spare OR you get smart and start to schedule this practice into you day, get your legs up lady! You’ll soon wonder how you ever lived with out it! Perhaps add it to your morning routine whilst you practice you oil pulling – sometimes it’s about time management!! (although that visual makes me laugh!)
DON’T FORGET!! My 5 days of giveaways as we count down to the launch of my Christmas e-book, ‘Fertilise Your Christmas!” Today’s giveaway is scoring 1 of 15 Fertilise Yourself e-books valued at $19.95 each! To be in the running to win simply share or tag in a friend who you think might benefit from raising their legs! Make sure you write ‘shared’ in the comment section below so I can make sure I know you’re in the running!