Keeping in theme and to celebrate the launch of Well & Good the e-book, I wanted to share with you today one of my fave recipes from the book. My Granola.
Don’t forget the fabulous giveaway in celebration of the e version of Well & Good. Simply by purchasing the e-book you automatically go into the draw with a chance to score an amazing Nat Kringo prize pack valued at over $180! There are still a few days to enter!
And now, onto My Granola!
Makes 10 servings
(You will need two baking trays)
- 5 cups whole oats (or a rolled grain mix)
- 3 cups walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of mixed nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup mashed, stewed apple
- 1 cup of liquid from the stewing process
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1. To stew the apple simply remove the peel and chop roughly. Place in a saucepan and add just enough water to cover and simmer on the stove until the apple is soft. Remove from saucepan, mash with a fork and sit aside.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix well in a large bowl, adding more of the stewing liquid if the dries are not equally coated.
3. Line two trays with baking paper and divide mixture evenly between the two. Bake for 40-50 minutes, turning mixture with a fork every 10 minutes until it is quite dry and completely golden.
4. Allow to cool and store in an air-tight container in your pantry for up to a month. You can also add any kind of dried fruit. I like chopped dates and currants.
Enjoy with your preferred milk as a breakfast or dessert.