On a random Wednesday 22 years ago, Dr Dain Heer gave up all hope. He surrendered and gave himself an expiration date – if something didn’t rapidly change in 6 months, he was going to end his life. After living with years of abuse as a child, Dain always knew there was a different possibility, he just hadn’t quite figured out how to access it. In this episode Dain shares his own experience in turning his life around in a remarkable and inspiring way – something we can all tap into. He shares tools we can implement right now to change our own trajectory.
Dain dives deep into;
- Why you actually can’t (and shouldn’t) fake it until you make it and how this is literally lying to yourself – because subconsciously you know it not to be true
- What is access consciousness – the tool that turned his life around in 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Why people are always greater than they think they are
- How to find the true you
- What exactly happened in that 1 hour 15 min session
- How to embrace and not resist the down times
- Why comparison is a trap and leaves us in a perpetual state of judgement
- How we can parent our children in a way that is without judgment to allow our children to grow and thrive
- By treating our children as aware beings they can choose what they want and how to create their own lives
- How we can begin to love ourselves right now
Two tools Dain shares:
How to change your vibe: Since we pick up 98% of our thoughts from other people, we must ask ourselves “who does this (thought) belong to?” and return to sender.
How to change upset feelings: Take it as “an interesting point of view – I have this point of view.” This helps us take a step back and avoid the avoidance. You can listen to Dain explain it in detail in the last 5 minutes of the episode.
Just a heads up that this episode briefly discusses suicide and childhood abuse. If you’re struggling you can always call Lifeline on 13 11 14.