Having COVID is one thing but around 30-40% of people who have had COVID are going on to develop “long COVID” or what’s also referred to as long haulers. In this episode I share my personal experience of being a long hauler plus why I was placed in a position to begin to treat hundreds of people suffering from this condition.
- My own personal story and being sick when it wasn’t ok to have COVID
- How me being transparent about being sick put me in a position where others started coming to me for support simply because they knew nobody else who had it
- Why I ended up seeing so many patients for support and recovery
- The difference between COVID and long COVID
- What puts people at risk of becoming a long hauler
- How we can borrow from history to help us navigate the virus and find comfort and education in this
- The 5 different factors to consider in tailoring a treatment plan for long haulers
- Other factors which impact recovery (nutrition, movement etc)
I would love to learn how you enjoyed this episode.