Last weekend I had the pleasure of enjoying a Christmas party with my team at The Pagoda Tree clinic.
I decided to whip up an old favourite recipe from my book Well & Good and the team absolutely LOVED it!
This Christmas chocolate torte recipe is one that is incredibly easy and with the good quality ingredients used can be enjoyed as a guilt-free (and gluten free) treat.
Makes 1 Torte
You will need a spring-form cake tin, a food processor and a handheld or electric egg beater. You can serve once cool but it is best if refrigerated overnight.
250g roasted almonds
250g quality dark chocolate (the more cocoa content, the better)
125g dried figs
6 egg whites
1 cup berries and whipped cream or coconut yoghurt to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line your cake tin.
2. In a food processor, chop almonds and chocolate roughly
3. Chop dates and figs by hand
4. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold almonds, chocolate and fruit into the egg whites and transfer the mixture into our cake tin. Bake for 45 minutes. Then, turn the heat off, open the oven door slightly and allow the torte to cool in the tin.
5. Turn out onto a platter and refrigerate overnight
6. Decorate with berries and serve with a dollop of cream!
If you would like to see more where this came from you can head to my website to purchase the Well & Good Ebook or hard copy. – Perfect for a Christmas present for a loved one or even yourself!