This delish recipe is from the lovely Danielle Walker’s website – Against All Grain. After her own diagnosis with autoimmune disease, Danielle had the realisation that dietary changes were paramount in her own recovery. She now shares her journey, wisdom and amazing recipes via her site and books. There’s something for everyone be it if you’re looking for some healthy food inspiration or if you’re considering cutting out grain – head over to her site and take a cruise around.
- 1 teaspoon butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 apples, peeled and cored and cut into thin wedges
- 4 pears, peeled and cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon lemon or orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple for a vegan version)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Grain-free Granola (without the raisins)
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease individual ramekins or 1 large baking dish with the 1 teaspoon butter.
- Combine the blueberries, apples, pears, lemon juice, honey, salt, coconut flour and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Combine the granola and the 1 tablespoon butter in a small bowl.
- Pour the fruit mixture into the baking dishes and bake for 40 minutes, or until bubbling.
- Reduce the oven to 325 degrees. Spread the granola mixture over the top of the fruit, then bake for 15 minutes until browned.
Serve warm with French Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream.