It’s all about the good times at Christmas I’m sure you’d agree. So today, I’m sharing with you my favourite recipe from our new book, Celebrate Well, just in time for your Christmas table!
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup molasses or golden syrup
50gm butter (dairy or coconut butter)
1 cup of apple purée
2 cups of spelt flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
Grease a loaf tin and pre heat oven to 180 degrees. Set aside.
1. In a bowl, whisk the eggs.
2. Add honey, molasses, apple purée and mix.
3. Add butter and ginger. The mixture will look a little ugly, trust me, it works well.
4. Combine the remaining dry ingredients.
5. Add the molasses mixture to the dry ingredients and mix roughly – avoid over mixing.
6. Pour batter into loaf tin and place into preheated oven. Cook for 30 minutes and then turn off oven. Allow to sit in oven for a further 10 minimum before removing.
Ice as desired and enjoy. Will keep for 2 days in an air tight container.
For a dairy free and healthier option, combine the top ‘film’ of a can of coconut cream with 2tbs of honey. Mix well and drizzle over cake.
Combine 1 cup of icing sugar with 1tbs of milk (of your choice). Mix well and drizzle over cake.
To get your hands on the electronic version of Celebrate Well or to find out more, click here.
Happy eating this Christmas – without the bloat!