Once upon a time, there was a girl on a mission. She strived to open and sometimes challenge the minds of people who’d listen. Sometimes she struck land minds in doing so and other times she discovered gold nuggets. It didn’t matter to her what she found – so long as she was living true to her vision and she shared from a genuine place of love and care, she was lead by her heart and strong calling to share wellness information.
That girl is me. The feedback from last week has been phenomenal – my inbox has been flowing with so much love and support. More than anything, it feels great to get a message across, even if it isn’t my specific message because women need to know this stuff and I extend my expertise to women’s health. Women have a right to be educated when making long term health decisions that can impact them for the rest of their life (and let’s face it, fertility too!).
Last week I challenged the idea that mastectomies are not the only choice or option as a preventative treatment. It’s fair to say it sparked up some very emotional discussion – and rightly so, some of what I was suggesting was confronting for some.
I promised I’d be back with some experts. I’ve also managed to connect with scientists and specialists who’ll share with you in coming days. BUT today; today, I’m speaking with THE hormone expert Dr Sherrill Sellman. We’ve chatted before (listen to that here) about hormones and fertility, but Sherrill’s so very well researched when it comes to breast cancer – so much so, she wrote the book ‘What Women Must Know to Protect Their Daughters From Breast Cancer.’
Here’s what you will learn today:
- the difference between genetic mutation and genetic expression (Sherrill likens it to hardware and software)
- BRCA1 & BRCA2 are tumour suppressor genes that either switch on or switch off (when they are working properly they will prevent tumours from growing and when they are compromised we see disease)
- BRCA1 & BRCA2 fall into the category of gene EXPRESSIONS that can be altered, modified and impacted by environment, not mutations (like sickle cell anaemia or having red hair)
- how BRCA1 & BRCA2 expressions were discovered via women living near and exposed nuclear radiation
- why we are seeing more younger women discovering breast cancer
- how the environment influences how your bodies (and genes) behave
- studies that support how genes behave and evidence of healing/prevention
- we have an extreme power over our bodies to alter gene expression
- what else plays a role in gene expression and what you can do to turn it around
- how radiation (mammograms) are dangerous and linked to cancer and the effective alternatives
- if you continue with a toxic lifestyle, a mastectomy won’t necessarily be a long lasting solution
- how a mastectomy won’t protect you from cancer and the organs next in line if the breast tissue is removed
- why fear is the biggest factor
Sherrill has invited YOU to ask your questions personally. Sherrill and I will be doing a LIVE Q & A session THIS Saturday 25th of May at 9am. There are several ways you can join us and we’d be DELIGHTED to have you on the line. To ask your questions, or listen in you may do one of the following:
ACT Canberra (02) 6171 0109
SA Adelaide (08) 7070 2426
NSW Sydney (02) 9191 9435
TAS Hobart (03) 6111 0603
NT Darwin (08) 7999 7506
TAS Launceston (03) 6388 8201
QLD Brisbane (07) 3177 0166
VIC Melbourne (03) 9999 2136
QLD Gold Coast (07) 5699 8405
WA Perth (08) 6555 1426
Then enter the conference ID 458166
Listen Online – access via Skype http://instantteleseminar.com/?eventID=41846772
Email me your questions before hand – firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned for more – I hope to sit down on the couch with Sherrill when she is town.
And please, please keep the comments coming on this very important topic. I’m dedicated to helping to spread this very important message and invite you to share your thoughts. If you choose to participate in comments I appreciate you remain courteous at all times.