I recently purchased Gwenyth Paltrow’s new book – It’s All Good. I must say – I love it. It is full of recipes for everybody – those on the eliminate diet, vegan recipes and the protein packed variety too. This recipe is in her book – although I improvised on the icing. Happy Friday.
2 cups of gluten free flour or white spelt flour
1 cup of cacao powder
1 1/2 tbs baking powder
A pinch of fine sea salt
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1 cup of rice syrup
1/2 cup of mayple syrup
1 cup of milk of your choice (I used rice milk)
1 tbs pure vanilla extract
1 block of very dark chocolate (85%)
1/2 cup of cream (coconut cream or regular)
1. Grease and line a spring form tin
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
3. Sift the flour, cacao, baking powder and salt and mix well in a large bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, wishk together the oil, syrups, milk and vanilla.
5. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients being careful not to over mix – this will make the cake rubbery
6. Pour batter into tin and bake for 30 minutes or until cake is cooked.
7. Allow to cool
8. Meanwhile melt chocolate over a double boiler. Once melted and cooled slightly, add cream and mix until it thickens.
9. Allow cake to fully cool
10. Decorate with ganash and serve with a dollop of coyo!