Valentines Day Chocolate Ice-Cream Sandwich
I can truly say I love Valentines Day – partner or not, make it the perfect excuse to indulge in a decadent dessert.
This recipe is guilt free, which means you don’t need to stop at 1! It’s sugar free, gluten free, dairy free and completely delicious.
• 1/2 c nuts (I used activated almonds, although you can use any type of nuts you wish)
• 3/4 c pumpkin seeds
• 3 TBS Loving Earth organic cacao powder
• 1 TBS Loving Earth maca powder
• 1 tsp stevia
• 1 TBS water
• 1 TBS Coconut Magic coconut oil
• 3 tsp vanilla extract
• pinch Himalayan salt
1. Place the nuts into a high-powered blender. Blend nuts until they are broken down.
2. Add remaining ingredients and blend until it turns into a batter.
3. Place the batter on some parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper over the top.
4. Roll out the dough, then use a small glass to create round biscuit shapes.
5. Place in a dehydrator overnight, so they become crunchy and the moisture is removed.
• 2 c frozen raspberries
• 1 large frozen banana
• 2 TBS vanilla essence
1. Make the filling around 30 minutes prior to serving
2. Place the raspberries and banana into the blender and mix until it’s an ice-cream consistency
3. Pour into a lined slice tin and place in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes (until the mixture is firm)
4. When the mixture is firm, remove from the freezer and use a cookie cutter to cut out the correct size.
5. Place a biscuit on the bottom, filling in the middle, and another biscuit on the top.
6. Dust with coconut or natural raspberry powder
TIP: You can choose to assemble the ice-cream sandwich ahead of time and store in the freezer. Place at room temperature approximately 15 minutes prior to serving. Apply the raspberry powder as you serve.
Alison is a health & wellbeing business coach and the director of Australia’s source for health & wellbeing solutions, Relauncher.