I don’t quite know why I’ve never shared this recipe of mine before. It’s a good-en! Like the rest of life, it was an experiment that worked. So here goes today – this glorious Friday, my Double Chocolate Torte!
Double Chocolate Torte
1/2 cup of almond meal
1 cup of buckwheat flour
1/2 cup of rice malt syrup
1/2 cup of coconut butter
200gm dark chocolate (raw chocolate like loving earth also works)
1 cup of coconut cream or regular cream
2 egg whites
1 punnet of blueberries to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine almond meal, flour, cacao, coconut butter and rice malt syrup.
- Press into either a spring form tin or flan tray, being sure to build up the sides roughly 1 cm.
- Place baking paper on top and weigh down with baking weights.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy and stiff peaks form.
- Combine chocolate and coconut cream and mix well.
- Fold through egg whites.
- Add to cooled based and put in fridge to set.
Enjoy with blueberries and a healthy style ice-cream like Cocofrio or similar.