If you’re using IVF or egg freezing as a back-up plan for having children, you might be in a for a big disappointment. Dr. Victoria Maizes is on the show this week to explain why these methods are a lousy insurance plan.
Dr. Victoria Maizes, the Executive Director of the Weil Center for Integrative Medicine and a Professor of Medicine, Family Medicine and Public Health at the University of Arizona. Internationally recognized as a leader in integrative medicine, Dr. Maizes is committed to helping individuals live healthier lives and she is the author of Be Fruitful: The Essential Guide to Maximizing Fertility and Giving Birth to a Healthy Child.
In this episode, we talk about how IVF and egg freezing are lousy insurance policies, why age is such a critical factor for fertility, what you can do to have the healthiest baby possible, how to incorporate healthier choices in your day to day life, and so much more!
- The shockingly low success rate for IVF
- Why age still matters despite advancements in reproductive technology
- How the intended application of egg freezing is completely ignored
- Why egg freezing is an unreliable insurance policy
- Factors that affect the success rate of egg freezing
- The long-term impact of your health before and during pregnancy
- The influence of lifestyle on epigenetics
- How you can have the healthiest baby possible
- Tools you can use to incorporate healthier lifestyle choices without overwhelm
- Why we should give more focus to men and their fertility