If you’ve been diagnosed with PCOS, you’ve likely been told you’ll have it for the rest of your and that there’s not much to be done about. Board-certified acupuncture physician, Farrar Duro, is here to explain why that’s just not true!
Farrar Duro is a board-certified acupuncture physician who practices reproductive acupuncture and functional medicine. After overcoming her struggles with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and endometriosis using a combination of traditional Chinese medicine and other natural methods, she founded The PCOS Revolution Academy™. This path led her to pursue advanced pregnancy training in the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ and publication of her first book, The Smart Couple’s Guide to Getting Pregnant, An Integrated Approach.
In this episode, we talk about why an integrated approach is essential for treating PCOS, how you can empower yourself when it comes to your health, the diagnostic criteria for PCOS, the healthy way to approach your diet, and so much more!
- How Farrar used acupuncture and Chinese medicine to regulate her cycle
- The problem with getting a PCOS diagnosis as a teenager
- The biggest mistakes most women make when trying to treat their PCOS
- Why many women remain unclear about their prescribed PCOS protocol
- The importance of getting an integrated view of your health
- Why you should request a copy of your lab work from your provider
- The diagnostic criteria for PCOS
- How to be a self-advocate with your healthcare provider
- The role of genetics in PCOS
- Switching from self-blame to empowerment
- How body fat acts as an endocrine gland
- Why diet can’t be a one size fits all approach
- How to approach diet from a healthy body perspective