This recipe is a festive spin on an original from my book Well & Good. The original recipe has always been such a winner that I couldn’t resist the chance to take it one step further and dare I say that the end result may be my new fave Christmas recipe. It’s super easy to make and one the whole family will love!
The main things you will need in making the mousse is some kind of food processor and 5 to 6 small pots or jars. I find those two-dollar shops wonderful for that kind of thing. Keep in mind you’ll be serving your mousse in whatever you use. It’s hard to believe something this yum could be so easy and quite frankly so darn healthy. That’s enough from me as I know you’re no doubt itching to go get your mousse on! ENJOY!
200g 85% Organic Lindt Dark Chocolate
800 ml full fat coconut cream
3 teaspoons of peppermint essence
4 teaspoons of stevia
1 handful of fresh mint
10 to 12 fresh cherries
- Place the coconut cream, peppermint essence and stevia into your food processor and give it a good mix. All settings are different depending on your mixer so just be sure that it’s all mixed together.
- Completely melt the chocolate and then add it to the mix. I use quite dark chocolate, if you are someone who doesn’t like it as rich only use 100g of chocolate.
- Give the mix another good whiz in your food processor. The mix will stay a runny consistency.
- Pour the mixture evenly into your jars or pots and put in the fridge to set. They will take between 2 to 4 hours to set.
- Serve directly from the fridge as they will soften when left out and garnish with fresh mint and cherries.
Makes approx 5 to 6 depending on the size of your jar or pot.