Abortion. It’s a taboo word in most cultures and an illegal act in several countries. It’s also the topic of this week’s episode. Sara Avant Stover shares her powerful, and heartbreaking, story and talks about how we can support women after an abortion and help them heal.
Sara Avant Stover is the founder of Redemption Circle, a non-profit organization and global movement to heal the stigma of abortion and empower women to heal after their abortions, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
In this episode, we talk about what initially drove Sara to help women heal after abortion, how to support women after they’ve had an abortion, why women should not give up on finding peace after an abortion, and so much more!
- The personal experience that led to Sara’s mission of helping women heal after their abortions
- The total lack of medical and community support for women who’ve had abortions
- How the conversation around abortion is treated by different countries
- Why a multi-faceted approach is needed to empower women who’ve had abortions
- The main elements that help women heal after abortions
- How can we support women after they’ve had an abortion?
- Why remaining quiet about abortion actually perpetuates the associated stigma
- Sara’s response to negativity and judgment around abortion
- Why women should not give up on finding peace after an abortion