Um… so we love Trainer Luke. So much so, we pinched this recipe that he shared earlier this week (because we didn’t want to leave you foodless on a Friday and equally because we know Luke, and we know he’d happily have you serving this up to your troops this weekend). How freaking good does this puppie look! Luke – you’ve outdone yourself!
I’ll leave you with just two questions today. Firstly, who’s making me a serve of this, for me to enjoy this weekend? And secondly – who will I be seeing at Debunking Stress TOMORROW!! (I hope both of these things can be my immediate reality – that I see YOU tomorrow WITH cake!)
Raw Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
1 1/2 cups raw macadamia nuts
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Nature’s Way Super Cacao
3 tablespoons of coconut nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of Salt
1 large avocado
1/2 cup coconut nectar or rice malt syrup
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup Natures Way Super Cacao
Chocolate ganache glaze
1/4 cup oil, coconut or avocado
1/4 cup coconut nectar or rice malt syrup
1/4 cup Nature’s Way Super Cacao
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Place the macadamia nuts into a vitamin or other food processor and process them into a course flour. I like it very fine, but if you like crunching on nuts in your crust you can make a courser flour blend.
- Now add the remaining crust ingredients in a food processor. Be careful not to grind it into butter though or it will be a gooey mess.
- Use your fingers or a spatula to press crust into a springform pan.
- Process the avocado, coconut nectar, almond milk, and salt until very smooth, and then add the remaining cheesecake layer ingredients to the mixture and process until creamy and smooth. Use a spatula to scrape the sides down.
- Use the spatula to transfer the cheesecake layer to the top of the pressed crust. Place the cheesecake in the freezer for 4 hours.
- Prepare the chocolate glaze by combining all the ingredients in a bowl that can be placed over a small saucepan of simmering water. Gently melt the glaze over water simmering in a saucepan for a few minutes.
- Take the cheesecake out of the freezer and spread or pour the chocolate glaze across the top of the cake. Allow some of the glaze to drizzle over the sides.
- Freeze for at least 10 minutes. It’s ready to serve.
Serve frozen or leave it out for a few minutes to slice. Can be stored covered in the freezer for a few weeks.
Trainer Luke won Australia’s hearts cooking his way to the finals of the hit television series, My Kitchen Rules. Breaking television history in both ratings and scores, he has secured himself a permanent presence as one of Australia’s leading lifestyle personalities. With regular appearances on breakfast television and lifestyle shows, Luke was the official trainer on Australia’s Next Top Model, and 2014 sees his profile grow with developing further opportunities on Australia’s television screens. This combined with the release of the ‘Clean Living’ series of training and nutrition books, cements his place in the health and wellness market. Having trained many local Australian celebrities, and most recently working with Angelina Jolie during her time here in Australia, his celebrity trainer status grows with each job he takes on. 2014 saw him as the resident cooking presenter on channel 7’s live well, the launch of The Paleo Way with business partner Pete Evans, and the release of two brand new paleo books.