I’ve been so busy getting you all sorted on the FREE 5 Day Recharge Challenge, eating the last of my christmas pudding AND moving house, I’ve yet to share these two fabulous Period Party Episodes with you. So, without making you wait a minute longer, here are the latest two podcasts Nicole and I have put together for you!
In this episode we chat with one half of Lunapads – Madeleine Shaw, a vertical e-commerce retailer and multiple award-winning pioneer in the taboo-breaking field of natural menstrual health.
Here are some highlights from the show:
- What are Lunapads and how did they come to be?
- Why switch to reusable menstrual products from disposables?
- Period underwear have definitely become a thing in the past couple of years, yet these girls have been making them for decades: what’s new with Luna Undies?
- Social partnerships aimed at menstrual health and education: the evolution of Pads4Girls, One4Her and AFRIpads.
Click on the link above to listen or on demand via iTunes.
One of my favourite episodes where we explore the idea of the 5th vital sign. Kelsey Knight is a labor and delivery registered nurse and co-initiator of The Fifth Vital Sign, a project where Kelsey and her best friend, Emily Varnam, taught free reproductive health classes across the U.S.
Here’s what they talk about on the show:
- The story of the Fifth Vital sign project: curriculum, format, highlights of their travels
- The menstrual cycle and fertility awareness method
- Breast awareness
- How to talk with your provider
- Birth control doulas
- The future of the Fifth Vital Sign project
Click on the link above to listen or here to listen on demand via iTunes.