Some people you meet and you are simply calmed by their presence – Dr. Aviva Romm is one of those incredible humans. She is a Yale-trained, board-certified MD, midwife, and herbalist with a specialty in women’s health (Insert girl crush). Her new book, The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution provides a groundbreaking blueprint for women to take back their health by understanding the Root Causes of their imbalances. Something we all know I’m a WILD fan of.
In this episode we dig into:
- What is the, “The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution”
- The common symptoms that tell you your thyroid and adrenals aren’t behaving
- How Aviva is able to keep healthy and energized as a mum, grandma (say what!), practitioner and wife.
- Why the medical establishment is dismissing adrenal issues
- The role of the HPA axis when we are in overwhelm
- The idea of “S.O.S.” or Survival Overdrive Syndrome – what is it and how common is it?
- How we can break the cycle and heal the HPA axis
AND one final pretty please request. If you are yet to rate The Period Party on iTunes, please help us keep the podcast alive and give us a good ol rating. We promise to love you right back.