This my loves, is one of my most favourite podcasts I’ve ever done. I know I’ve said that before – but there are certainly a few stand out and this is definitely one of them. Nicole and I had the pleasure of interviewing Dr Tom O’Bryan. He’s kinda a big deal, especially in the world of autoimmune research. In fact he’s a world expert on gluten and the impact it is having on your health – it’s a HOT topic!
In this episode we dive into;
- What do “autoimmunity” and “autoimmune conditions” actually mean?
- The 3 things necessary for the development of autoimmune disease, and what can we do about them?
- Do you really have to give up gluten if you don’t feel symptoms?
- Is gluten in Europe or other countries different to gluten in America?
- The specific tests that should be done to determine how your immune system is responding to gluten.
- What lifestyle habits can a person create to combat inflammation in their body?
If you have endometriosis, infertility, thyroid troubles – you especially want to tap into this!
Dr. O’Bryan is an internationally recognized and sought after speaker and workshop leader specializing in the complications of Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity, Celiac Disease, and the development of Autoimmune Diseases as they occur inside and outside of the intestines. He is the founder of www.theDr.com and in a few short weeks, you can join in and watch his NEW and exciting documentary, Betrayal Series and must watch for ALL humans, including you!
Dr. O’Bryan is considered the ‘Sherlock Holmes’ for chronic disease and metabolic disorders. He is a clinician par excellence in treating chronic disease and metabolic disorders from a Functional Medicine Perspective. He holds teaching Faculty positions with the Institute for Functional Medicine and the National University of Health Sciences. His 2016 critically acclaimed ground-breaking book, The Autoimmune Fix outlines the step-by-step development of degenerative diseases and gives tools to identify our dis-ease process years before the symptoms are obvious.
You’re going to want to listen to this! Listen on demand or via iTunes. Oh and thank you to those few who have recently rated us – I’d love a few more onshore ratings and don’t forget to check out Dr Tom’s amazing upcoming series, Betrayal which launches Nov 14th!