Don’t say it too quickly! “Raspberry and Millet Muffins” is indeed a mouthful! But a delicious one at that.
I’ve been asked to blog about millet by a fellow blogger, and in my quest to develop my own millet recipes, I came up with this beauty. Millet is an awesome grain to support fertility. It’s is packed with essential vitamins, necessary for healthy reproductive function, so add it to your diet and reap the benefits.
Raspberry and Millet Muffins
2 cups of organic flour
1/2 cup organic hulled millet
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup of bonsoy (or milk or buttermilk)
1 lightly beaten egg
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup proper maple syrup
1 punnet of raspberries
1. preheat oven to 180 degrees and line 12 muffin/cupcake holes with patty cases
2. In a larger bowl combine flour, millet, soda and baking powders.
3. In another bowl combine the milk, egg, oil and maple syrup.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine well.
5. Once combined, add raspberries. Avoid stirring too much so that raspberries maintain shape.
6. Fill muffin cases, and cook in oven for approx 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Enjoy on their own or with a lick of organic butter to the warm muffin.