I’m back with Dr Sherrill Sellman today. We sat and chatted a few weeks back (we talked weight loss – check that out here) and I could seriously sit and listen to this woman all day long because she knows SO much about hormone health and women’s wellness.
Today we’re talking about depression, emotional health and how it’s all linked to our hormones.
Today you will learn:
- how diet is linked to your emotional health (because the gut is the pivot of our health right!?)
- when we are under stress (think demands, inflammation, body issues etc – these all drive stress which affects our adrenals), and when the adrenals are compromised that drives anxiety
- women are more vulnerable to depletion of specific neurotransmitters which contributes to emotional issues
- how your gut is the emotion centre
- why adrenal exhaustion is a real diagnosis with symptoms of fatigue, tiredness after eating, feeling wide awake at night (your second wind), poor memory, loss of muscle mass, body pain, 4 am
- anxiety etc.
- why antidepressants aren’t a solution – in fact quite the opposite
Tell me what you think below. Have you been adrenally fatigued? I’d love to hear your experiences – have you overcome anxiety or depression?